At the Board meeting on Tuesday, January 7, 2014, the Board of Education adopted calendars for the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 school year. The Board reviewed comments submitted through an online survey. The following minor changes were made to the draft calendars based on public input:
- The August teacher work-day was shifted to the day before school opens (both calendars);
- The January inservice was changed to match a Federal Holiday (both calendars);
- The 2015-2016 spring break was moved one week later in March.
Though reviewed by the Board, other suggested changes were not possible due to scheduling restraints. For example, the October and February inservices could not be moved to match Federal Holidays due to contractual obligations and state-wide conferences.
Thank you to all those who took time to submit comments through the online surveys.
Other Board action at the January 7th, 2014 Board meeting included:
- Approved the Alaska Association of School Board’s recommended 1:1 Digital Learning Initiative Resolution;
- Approved a residential/rural Alaskan Academy planning grant application;
- Approved classified hires for a special education aide and Title I instructional aide;
- Approved two board members and two student representatives to attend the AASB Juneau Legislative Fly-in.
The next CRSD Board Meeting is on Monday, February 3, 2014 at 6:00PM.